Designed for the storage of 3 x 200 L. DRUMS represent a practical solution to organize, when this is necessary, a temporary storage area for drums or small containers.
• Carbon steel sump pallet - watertight/certifi ed - Capacity of 220 L.
• Removable galvanized grid.
• N. 4 swivel wheels in cast iron / polyurethane high load capacity diam. 175 mm. including 2 wheels with brake for maximum stability and practicality.
• Fork lift jackets for an excellent handling with fork lift or hand pallet truck.
• Support for the horizontal positioning of the drums to facilitate the pick-up of liquids.
• Standard Colour Orange RAL 2004.
Storage of hazardous substances with spill sumps
WHY A SUMP?
The function of a sump is to protect underground water beds from hazardous polluting substances in case of leaks. This secondary containment system is able to prevent and reduce pollution.
The sumps’s minimum volume should be equal to the biggest of the stored container volume and not less than one third (1/3) of the total volume stored. Wherever substance storage is located in an underground water protect area, it is specified that the entire stored volume is to fit inside the sump (100%).
The regulations concerning the spill capacity may vary in the different countries, please check with your local autority and send us your specific requirements in order to verify the conformity and develop a customized proposal.
COMPATIBILITY AND BUILDING MATERIALS
The materials used to make the sumps shall be compatible with the products stored therein. Steel sumps (Fe360) can be used for storing most chemical substances. For the storage of corrosive substances such as acids/bases shall be used sumps in Polyethylene. If no specific indications are reported in the resistance tables, sump material can be the same as that of the container used for storing the substances. Sumps are to be installed on flat surfaces in areas protected against rain water. The indications specified on the individual substance safety sheets are to be scrupulously adhered to during substances storage or transfer.